Significantly reducing costs and extending the life of wind turbine gearboxes
Smart up-tower service solutions
Moventas is setting the industry benchmark in wind turbine gearbox field service, up-tower solutions and capabilities. Smart and fast repairs are based on a deep and diverse technology heritage, independent of any OEM. Decrease O&M costs and operational risks while increasing reliability and availability. Moventas solutions also reduce service costs by avoiding the need for large capacity cranes.
Innovation and know-how
With tailored working methods, special built tools and professionally trained field service experts, Moventas can complete most complex up-tower repairs within a couple of days. Critical parts for the up-tower repair will be supplied from our global workshop network, allowing for minimum lead times for the highest quality components.
Siemens SWT 3.6 HSS Upgrade
The original High Speed Shaft (HSS) bearing configuration has shown indications of reduced lifetime, potentially leading to an increased risk of unexpected downtime. The Moventas HSS upgrade is a smart combination of a reliable bearing configuration, a high quality HSS and all the required field service elements for a fast & safe upgrade execution.
Benefits of Moventas smart up-tower services
- Lower O&M costs with smart up-tower repairs
- Minimize external crane requirements by utilizing up-tower solutions
- Field service capabilities independent of OEM
- Tailored tools and processes
- Ready-to-go kits including all required components
- Reduced downtime due to fast response and execution
SWT-2.3 – PEAB 4456
Moventas service offers innovative up-tower repairs and upgrades across the PEAB 4456 series, including the High Speed Shaft, Intermediate Shaft and Planetary stage.
Key benefits include lowered operating costs, increased availability by CMaS online monitoring, WEC resistant roller bearings, extended lifetime with Moventas upgrades, and much more.
Predictive & Preventative Gearbox Maintenance
- General visual inspection of drivetrain components and environment
- Vibration measurements of drivetrain key components; main bearings, gearbox and generator
- Endoscope inspection of gearbox internal components, gears and bearings
- Oil level, sample and analysis by laboratory
- General operating parameters; oil pressure, temperature, bearing temperatures and other data from the turbine operating system
- Analysis of all of the above by Moventas experts, detailed report on findings to customer, recommendation of corrective actions to the customer