Cost-effective factory and up-tower services for Siemens turbines
Moventas has reverse engineered Winergy gearboxes from Siemens 2.3 and 3.6 wind turbines for factory and up-tower services. Our ExtraLife™ upgrades eliminate known weaknesses and failures, such as planet bearing failures and gear failures in general.
Especially for the North American market we have developed a planetary stage swap with our mobile service units. This eliminates the need for a large crane or a spare gearbox in case of planet failure, as the repair can be implemented on site.
Uptower Service Simulation for Winergy 4456
Moventas is addressing the failures of Winergy gearboxes in the Siemens 2.3 fleet in both Europe and North America with solutions to planet bearing failures and up-tower serviceability. Watch our up-tower service simulation for intermediate assembly change-out in the factory!
ExtraLife for Siemens Wind Turbine
- Spot problems early on and solve them on-site
- Remove known premature failure modes to extend gearbox lifetime
- Upgrades designed and implemented to eliminate known weaknesses and extend gearbox lifetime
- Save money, reduce downtime and decrease OPEX
- Reliable partnership and proven quality from a gearbox OEM with 35 years of experience in wind power
- Main shaft repairs and modernizations
Moventas multi-brand service portfolio
Moventas has successfully reverse-engineered, repaired, upgraded and supplied many popular gearboxes from other wind turbine gearbox manufacturers. We continue expanding our product portfolio so that you can select only one supplier for your gearbox service needs.