Updated on 12th September 2018
Privacy notice for Moventas’ customer, supplier and marketing register
Moventas Gears Oy (Moventas) is strongly committed to protecting privacy and will process personal data only in accordance with relevant data protection legislation and good data processing practice. Moventas regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal data as crucial to the delivery of the highest quality of service and recognises that everyone has rights in relation to how their personal data is handled.
This Privacy Notice tells you what to expect when we collect and process your personal information.
Moventas Gears Oy (primary responsible party)
P.O. Box 158
+358 20 184 7000
and our group companies:
- Moventas Wind, UK Limited
- Moventas Wind, GmbH, Germany
- Moventas Inc., USA
- Moventas Wind, Limited, Canada
- Moventas Spain, Sociedad Limitada
- Moventas Australia, Pty Ltd.
- Moventas Gears Srl, Italy
What is the legal basis for and purpose of the processing of personal data?
The bases for processing personal data are our legitimate interests (e.g. customer relationship management, invoicing), consent of a customer, performance of a contract between us and/or a legal obligation.
The purpose of the processing of personal data is:
- delivering and developing of our products and services. For instance, we can maintain and develop our customer relationship with you and communicate with you more efficiently.
- purchasing and sourcing the services and products necessary for managing our business,
- fulfilling our contractual and other promises and obligations,
- taking care of the customer relationship,
- targeting advertising in our and others’ online services
- electronic and direct marketing
What kind of information do we collect and process about you?
We process the following personal data of our customers, suppliers or other data subjects (like prospects) in connection with this customer, supplier and marketing register:
- Basic information of the data subject such as name, identification number, customer number, username and/or other identifier;
- Contact information of the data subject such as e-mail address, phone number, postal address;
- Information of the company and company’s contact persons such as Business ID and names and contact details of the contact persons;
- Information of the customership and the contract such as information of past and current contracts and orders, correspondence with the customer and other references, customer’s payment information and other information of the customership which the customer itself voluntarily provides to our systems;
- Information of the connection and device the data subject is using such as the IP address, device ID or other device identifier and cookies;
- Information related to the data subject’s direct marketing opt-out;
- Other possible information gathered with data subject’s consent.
From where do we receive data?
We primarily collect personal data directly from data subject him-/her-/itself. You may provide us data for example by contacting us, or by providing feedback, or by subscribing to our newsletters. We also receive information from the authorities, credit information companies, contact information service providers and other similar reliable sources.
To whom do we disclose data and do we transfer data outside of EU or EEA?
Moventas will share personal information with third parties only where this is necessary in relation to the purpose for which the information was obtained and we have notified the individual that we will do so, or where the individual has consented to us doing so. However, in order to protect your privacy, Moventas will ensure that the third-party processor is compliant with the GDPR and will keep the personal data we provide them confidential and adequately secure. Procedures are also in place to share personal data with appropriate authorities where required to enable them to fulfil statutory duties, e.g. when necessary to prevent or detect crime or fraud and researchers where required for research purposes, if relevant conditions are met. We may disclose the information to our other group companies.
We have outsourced our IT management and the maintenance of our customer and marketing systems to outside service providers on whose servers the personal data are stored.
We transfer personal data outside EU/EEA as a part of our operations. When we transfer personal data, we will make sure that the personal data in question is protected according to the privacy legislation in force from time to time by using the EU commission model clauses or by ensuring the data importer belongs to the Privacy Shield system.
What are cookies and how are they used in this website?
With the help of cookies, we may collect information about, for example, your IP address and operating system. This information generally includes data which does not allow individual identification of information relating to a specific user.
Read more about our cookies policy on our Cookie Notice (link: https://www.moventas.com/cookie-notice/)
For how long do we store the information?
Moventas only retains personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data we refer to our Records Management Policy and Data Retention Schedule.
Moventas only retains personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. Personal data in the customer and marketing register is erased after the claim period related to a specific customer relationship or service has elapsed. This period is by default ten (10) years. Data related to marketing activities is processed until further notice. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data we refer to our Records Management Policy and Data Retention Schedule a copy of which can also be made available on request.
We regularly review the need for data storage taking into account the applicable legislation. In addition, we take all reasonable actions to ensure that no incompatible, outdated or inaccurate personal data are stored in the register taking into account the purpose of the processing. We correct or erase such data without delay.
What are your rights as a data subject?
As a data subject you have the right to access the personal data stored in this register concerning yourself, and the right to require rectification or erasure of that data. You also have the right to withdraw your consent where we process your data based on consent.
As a data subject, you have the right, according to EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (applied from 25.5.2018), to object to processing or to request restricting the processing, and to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
For specific personal reasons, you also have a right to object profiling and other processing concerning you, when processing the data is based on our legitimate interest. In connection to your claim, you should identify the specific situation on which you object the processing. We can refuse to act on such request on the basis of the law.
As a data subject you have the right to object to processing, including profiling, at any time free of charge in so far as it relates to direct marketing.
How to contact us?
Contact for more information
Please fill out the contact form, send and we will be in touch with you shortly.